10 DAY JULY SUPER SALE UP TO 46% OFF
... Don't Miss Out
DIY Adjustable Window Screens are suitable for any windows old or new and for any window type; sash, awning, casement, hopper, and slider.
Simple DIY Installation
- Clean the surface of your window frame to remove any dust, grease, or oil.
- Use an alcohol base cleaner as a final wipe to ensure that the surface is spotless, allow to dry.
- Carefully fit the self adhesive VELCRO® Brand fastener onto the now clean & dry surface. Do so when the room temperature is 18°C or higher in non-humid conditions. If the temperature is low, warm the frame and the VELCRO® Brand fastener with a hair dryer, or fan heater in an effort to increase the bond.
- WARNING: Do not pre-cut the VELCRO® strip and attach to the screen; fix directly to the window frame, one side at a time and then cut.
- WARNING: Do not touch the adhesive strip with fingers, and ensure your scissors are clean and sharp.
- Hold the VELCRO® fastener strip on the edges between your thumb and forefinger, & gently peel back the liner (without touching the glue) to about 25mm (1″) and place in position on the window frame.
- Continue down one side of the window frame peeling back the strip liner as you go. Proceed with the other sides of frame.
- Apply pressure to the strip of the installed VELCRO® fastener with a teaspoon or similar utensil.
- By applying pressure this activates the ‘Pressure Sensitive Glue’, so it is important to pay special attention to the corners as these are often missed.
- The VELCRO® fastener will eventually come away from the window frame if sufficient pressure is not applied, and if this happens it cannot be reused.
- WARNING: The VELCRO® fastener cannot be re-positioned if you make a mistake. You will need to start again with new VELCRO® strips. When doing so ensure there are no traces of glue left behind and the surface is spotless again.
- WARNING: Allow 24 hours for the glue to harden thoroughly before installing your screen.
DIY Adjustable Window Screens adhere to your window frame on all 4 sides by a continuous strip of 20mm width self-adhesive VELCRO® Brand fastener providing a slim and discreet appearance.
DIY Adjustable Window Screens – Functionality & Durability
Here are a few reasons why the velcro adjustable window screen is the ideal cheap flyscreen solution:-
- it can be easily folded and stored away when not in use
- the VELCRO® Brand fastener strips enable the flyscreen to be opened up to 10,000+ times.
- they are ideal for vans, boats and motorhomes
- being custom made you can custom shape and size (ie out of square window or rhomboid)
- extra large windows as well as outside entertainment areas can be easily screened with ease using DIY Velcro Window Screens.
- your new DIY Velcro Window Screens will arrive with simple install instructions, no tools or tradesmen needed.